No Comments

Energy label also for rental!

Energy label also necessary when renting out your home.

We have previously pointed out that when renting out your home, an energy label must also be submitted to the tenant.

Many landlords still think that they only need an energy label if they want to sell the house, nothing could be further from the truth, because when renting out you do have an obligation to provide an energy label to the tenant.

Provisional energy label

In 2015, every home owner received a provisional energy label and had to convert this into a final label. Often there was a considerable difference between the provisional label and the final label because you, as the owner, had already tackled several issues in the field of insulation and yield.

Energy label becomes considerably more expensive!

From 1 January 2021, the energy label will become many times more expensive than is currently the case.
Now an application, which can usually be made online, costs € 7.50 on average. After January 1, it is no longer possible to apply online and an inspector will visit your home to determine the label, the costs of which can then rise to almost € 200.00. That is another huge difference.

Energy label valid for 10 years

An issued energy label is valid for 10 years. It would therefore be wise to convert the provisional energy label into a definitive energy label this year so that you can save a lot of money.

RELO Wonen